Last year, St. Anthony School  celebrated 150 years of continuous Catholic education in the Archdiocese of Hartford.

In 1865, St. Anthony School was established with a staff of two. Brother Francis and Bernard Timothy O’Flaherty began by teaching subjects such as orthography, syntax, and prosody (spelling, grammar, and poetry). The classes were held in the basement of the old St. Joseph Church.

Over 150 years later, St. Anthony school continues to educate children in the Catholic and Franciscan tradition. Currently, St. Anthony school has over 170 students enrolled with over 25 faculty and staff members.

 

Crossroads Magazine Feature

June 7, 2015

Courtesy of the Office of Radio and Television, Archdiocese of Hartford.

 

 

150th Anniversary Celebration Liturgy

May 30, 2015

Courtesy of the Office of Radio and Television, Archdiocese of Hartford.